Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Kings Inn Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 100 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The two story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
Position: Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager (DSO)
Location: 87-02 23rd Avenue, Queens, NY 11369
What The Supervisor Does:
- Ensure the smooth running and supervision of all residence-related staff and services on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure that all residence goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and maintain client confidentiality.
- Access client data using the HRA Public Assistance System and DHS 4002 system as needed.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals (dates achieved) and document via progress notes.
- Coordinate the day-to-day work of residence staff to ensure client success.
- Coordinate and facilitate groups and trainings.
- Investigate all complaints and/or incidents.
- Monitor Clients’ safety and ensure safety policies and procedures are practiced daily.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- May conduct initial intake or assessment of clients and/or client’s families and periodic reassessments.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree (A.A.) and 2 years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
- Must obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in overdose prevention.
- Must obtain and maintain F-80 Fire Safety Coordinator certification
- Must obtain and maintain CPI (Crisis Prevention) certified
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.