Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Myrtle Avenue Supportive Housing Program provides 11 units of supportive housing to families, chronically homeless families, or families at serious risk of becoming chronically homeless, where the head of the household suffers from a substance abuse disorder, a disabling medical condition, or HIV/AIDS.
Position: Case Manager I
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 854 Myrtle Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11206
What the Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
- Interview and evaluate applicants for services, formulate service plans and goals, and aid clients to implement service plans.
- Locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients.
- Evaluate actual living conditions of clients through home visits.
- Review all documentation establishing clients’ eligibility for program and make file copies.
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Act as client liaison/client advocate with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, housing, legal issues, etc.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over a period of time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and ability to work closely with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues.
- Must obtain, and maintain throughout duration of employment, State Central Registry (SCR) clearance or sign employee attestation if SCR is not available.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA