Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Fiscal Department provides fiscal administration including accounting, budgeting, procurement services and procedures for numerous city/state/federal contracts and/or private grants. In addition, the Fiscal Department recommends alternatives to assure that organization wide objectives and priorities are met.
Position: Accountant I
Reports To: Assistant Director
Location: 1720 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Accountant Does:
- Financial reporting and analyses for a portfolio of social services contracts funded by a mix of NYC, NYS, Federal, and private agencies.
- Approving purchase orders, check requests and expenses, reconciliations, and variance tracking.
- Reporting to internal management and funders on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) in Accounting or other business discipline.
- Similar experience in grants and contract management for a not for profit social services agency is also preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.