Who We Are
CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA EYD Programs operate after-school and summer camp programs in New York City, serving almost 2,400 children in elementary and middle schools. Programs operate during the school year, in the summer, and on most school holidays. Depending on location, we offer environmental, conservation, arts, violence and drug prevention, and music therapy programs with public and private partners.
Position: Activity Specialist / Instructor
Reports to: Assistant Site Director
What The Activity Specialist / Instructor Does:
- Research, develop and execute fun and engaging lesson plans (activities) in discipline area (dance, vocal, creative movement, yoga, sports, visual arts and/or other physical or arts activities)
- Provide group and/or individual assistance to “at-risk” children and/or youth in nonacademic activities
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Some college
- Experience working with youth
- Three years of professional experience in specialization
- Ability to obtain and maintain:
- Doctor’s note certifying good health
- Proof of negative results from TB test
- State Central Registry (SCR) clearance
- Dept. of Health fingerprint clearance (DOH)
- Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance (DOE)
All CAMBA Education and Youth Development staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene requirements for DYCD-funded programs. Reasonable accommodations based on a qualifying disability or religious belief are considered in accordance with applicable law.