Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA Small Business Services (CSBS) promotes economic revitalization in NYC with a special focus on Brooklyn, providing services specially tailored to the changing needs of aspiring and existing entrepreneurs. CSBS offers entrepreneurial workshops, tailored one-on-one counseling, and small business loans up to $35,000. Our award winning Mobilize Your Business (MYB) technology program offers hands on training on free/low-cost technology tools which help increase income, decrease expenses and improve business operations. Our client base includes low income, immigrant and disadvantaged entrepreneurs operating informal businesses in NYC. To help formalize small business owners, we follow our three-step process in order to quickly identify their needs and create a workplan for entrepreneurs to operate a more formalized business while preparing themselves for access to affordable financing, the key to small business growth
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 2244 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Administrative Assistant Does:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to ensure the smooth operations of all departments
- answer and screen incoming telephone calls
- direct callers and general voicemail messages to the appropriate personnel
- assist non-clerical staff with clerical work (i.e., data collection and data verification)
- Greet visitors/clients, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Organize and maintain filing system(s)
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare meeting rooms/facilities
- Enter data into automated management information system
- Respond to inquiries with answers to questions about the organization (i.e.-address, fax #, directions, etc.).
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Strong communications skills, including public speaking, with an ability to adapt complex information for lay and professional audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Interest in nonprofit management, small business development and education, urban planning, public administration, marketing, and/or graphic design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to type at a sufficient speed with sufficient accuracy to efficiently produce work product, as needed.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.