Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Broadway House Women’s Shelter in Bushwick serves 165 women, approximately 37 of whom are mentally ill and chemically addicted.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Asst. Program Manager or Program Manager
Location: 1245 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11221
What The Administrative Assistant Does:
- Greet visitors/clients, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Provide callers with answers to questions about the organization (i.e.-address, fax #, directions, etc.).
- Compose, type and send general correspondence, memos, reports and marketing materials (via e-mails, faxing, interoffice mail, etc.).
- Copy, collate and file correspondence and various documents weekly.
- Organize and maintain filing system(s).
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare meeting rooms/facilities.
- Record, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Enter data into automated management information system
- Ensure all agency forms, staff directory, and profiles are updated weekly.
- Ensure that fax and copy machines are in working condition.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and track all office equipment maintenance issues.
- Schedule all office equipment repairs and servicing as needed.
- Prepare, submit and track all MIS requests for assistance.
- Post, monitor and secure information on all employee and/or client bulletin boards.
- Collect and track employee time and attendance/vacation/comp-time and record into log.
- Provide purchasing/procurement support (i.e.-reconcile purchase orders and invoices).
- Order, receive, track, store and distribute office supplies.
- Assist with the audit of all employees time and attendance data.
- Deliver all employee time sheets to the fiscal department.
- Coordinate and assign clients/staff mail boxes as needed.
- Receive, sort, distribute, re-route client/former client/staff mail, and maintain client mail-log daily.
- Prepare and post mail-list daily and inform supervisor of gaps in the posting schedule weekly.
- Conduct Inter-office mail pick ups.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute
Compensation: $35,000 – $38,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.