Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA GARDENS Phase II is a 293 unit supportive/affordable housing development located in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn. CAMBA Housing Ventures (CHV), the housing development subsidiary of CAMBA, developed these units. 182 of these units are set aside for formerly homeless individuals and families. 108 units are for Population A individuals, chronically homeless single adults who suffer from Serious and Persistent Mental Illness or who have a co-occurring Mental Illness and Chemical Addiction (MICA). 15 units are for Population H individuals, chronically homeless single adults who have a substance abuse disorder that is the barrier to independent living and who also have a disabling clinical condition. 24 units are for Population II chronically homeless families, in which the head of household suffers from a substance abuse disorder, a disabling medical condition or HIV/AIDS. CAMBA provides on-site case management and supportive services in addition to 24/7 security.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 560 Winthrop Street, Brooklyn, New York 11203
What The Administrative Assistant Does:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to ensure the smooth operations of all departments.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls; direct callers and general voicemail messages to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist non-clerical staff with clerical work (i.e., data collection and data verification).
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare meeting rooms/facilities; record and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Assist with completion of programmatic reports and provide assistance for special projects.
- Provide purchasing/procurement support (i.e.-reconcile purchase orders and invoices).
- Order, receive, track, store and distribute office supplies.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and track all office equipment maintenance issues.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.