Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) is a CAMBA program that provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Vice President
Location: 1117 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11213; 1958 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11233
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to:
(1) Provide administrative and clerical support to ensure the smooth operations of all departments; (2) answer and screen incoming telephone calls; (3) direct callers and general voicemail messages to the appropriate personnel; and (4) assist non-clerical staff with clerical work (i.e., data collection and data verification); including the following:
- Greet visitors/clients, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Provide callers with answers to questions about the organization (i.e.-address, fax #, directions, etc.).
- Compose, type and send general correspondence, memos, reports and marketing materials (via e-mails, faxing, interoffice mail, etc.).
- Copy, collate and file correspondence and various documents weekly.
- Organize and maintain filing system(s).
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare meeting rooms/facilities.
- Record, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Enter data into automated management information system
- Ensure all agency forms, staff directory, and profiles are updated weekly.
- Ensure that fax and copy machines are in working condition.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and track all office equipment maintenance issues.
- Schedule all office equipment repairs and servicing as needed.
- Prepare, submit and track all MIS requests for assistance.
- Post, monitor and secure information on all employee and/or client bulletin boards.
- Conduct criteria screenings of potential clients.
- Direct clients and walk-ins to proper sign in-sheets when entering the office.
- Facilitate the tracking, distribution and maintenance of office cell phones.
- Collect and track employee time and attendance/vacation/comp-time and record into log.
- Provide purchasing/procurement support (i.e.-reconcile purchase orders and invoices).
- Order, receive, track, store and distribute office supplies.
- Assist with the audit of all employees time and attendance data.
- Deliver all employee time sheets to the Payroll department.
- Coordinate and assign staff mail boxes as needed.
- Conduct mail pick ups and/or deliveries.
- May facilitate, monitor and log client’s business phone usage.
- May coordinate, plan and participate in special events.
- May provide administrative support to upper management staff (EVP, SVP, VP, SPD, PD, APD, SPM, PM).
- May arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations, and prepare travel vouchers.
- May update appointment calendars.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
Status: Full-time – Monday-Friday 9am-5pm – 35 hours per week
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.