Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The T Building is a building which was developed and is operated by Dunn Development Corp., a private developer, and NY Health and Hospitals. The T Building is a residential building located in the Jamaica section of Queens. The project has 200 residential dwelling units. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at the T Building. Seventy-Five apartments, will be master leased by CAMBA and will house chronically homeless single adults who are diagnosed with SPMI (seriously and persistently mentally ill). The remaining units are occupied by low income lottery community residents.
Position: Administrative Assistant I
Reports To: Office Manager
Location: 82-41 Parsons Blvd, Jamaica, New York 11432
What The Administrative Assistant Does:
- Assist in coordination of lease-up activities.
- Greet visitors/clients, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Provide callers with answers to questions about the organization (i.e.-address, fax #, directions, etc.).
- Compose, type and send general correspondence, memos, reports and marketing materials (via e-mails, faxing, interoffice mail, etc.).
- Copy, collate and file correspondence and various documents weekly.
- Organize and maintain filing system(s).
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare meeting rooms/facilities.
- Record, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Assist with completion of programmatic reports.
- Provide assistance for special projects.
- Enter data into automated management information system.
- Ensure all agency forms, staff directory, and profiles are updated weekly.
- Ensure that fax and copy machines are in working condition.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and track all office equipment maintenance issues.
- Schedule all office equipment repairs and servicing as needed.
- Prepare, submit and track all MIS requests for assistance.
- Post, monitor and secure information on all employee and/or client bulletin boards.
- Collect and track employee time and attendance/vacation/comp-time and record into log.
- Provide purchasing/procurement support (i.e.-reconcile purchase orders and invoices).
- Order, receive, track, store and distribute office supplies.
- Assist with the audit of all employees time and attendance data.
- Deliver all employee time sheets to the Payroll department.
- Coordinate and assign staff mail boxes as needed.
- Conduct mail pick ups and/or deliveries.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
Compensation: -$40,000-$45,000 annually-
Status: -Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.