Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Administration-Support Staff provide a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary for the efficient and smooth day to day operations of the organization. CAMBA’s Executive Program leaders at 955 Flatbush are responsible for operations to ensure programs receive needed goods and services timely; vendor request for payments are processed; personnel forms move efficiently; completion of required bidding; completion of required reporting; strategic planning and corrective planning; emergency response and other tasks towards the provisions of services to individuals.
Position: Administrative Assistant II
Reports To: Senior Program Director
Location: 955 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Administrative Assistant Does:
- Greet visitors, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Provide callers with answers to questions about the organization (i.e.-address, fax #, directions, etc.).
- Compose, type and send general correspondence, memos, reports and marketing materials (via e-mails, faxing, etc.).
- Copy, collate and file correspondence and various documents weekly.
- Organize and maintain filing system(s).
- Enter data into automated management information system.
- Ensure all agency forms, staff directory, and profiles are updated weekly.
- Ensure that fax and copy machines are in working condition.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and track all office equipment maintenance issues.
- Schedule all office equipment repairs and servicing as needed.
- Prepare, submit and track all MIS requests for assistance.
- Post, monitor and secure information on all employee and/or client bulletin boards.
- Order, track, and may store and distribute office supplies.
- Conduct mail pick-ups and/or deliveries.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare meeting rooms/facilities.
- Provide administrative support to upper management staff (EVP, SVP, VP, SPD, PD, APD, SPM, PM).
- Facilitate, monitor and log client’s business phone usage.
- Coordinate, plan and participate in special events.
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations, and prepare travel vouchers.
- Update appointment calendars.
- Record, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases.
- This is an on-site position and will not work remotely.
- Ability to type 55 words per minute.
Compensation: -$38,000-$42,000 annually-
Status: -Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.