Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Legacy Houses is a 65 unit affordable/supportive housing development located in the East Harlem section of New York City. Of the 65 units, 30 are studio apartments set aside for formerly homeless people with HIV/AIDS. CAMBA is the on-site service provider at Legacy Houses and offers case management and 24/7 security.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 2081 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10037
What The Administrative Assistant Does:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to ensure the smooth operations of all departments.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls; direct callers and general voicemail messages to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist non-clerical staff with clerical work (i.e., data collection and data verification).
- Compose, type and send general correspondence, memos, reports and marketing materials (via e-mails, faxing, interoffice mail, etc.).
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare meeting rooms/facilities.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and track all office equipment maintenance issues.
- Collect and track employee time and attendance/vacation/comp-time and record into log.
- Provide purchasing/procurement support (i.e.-reconcile purchase orders and invoices).
- Order, receive, track, store and distribute office supplies.
- Assist with the audit of all employees time and attendance data.
- Deliver all employee time sheets to the Payroll department.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
Compensation: $40,000-$46,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.