Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The T Building is a building which was developed and is operated by Dunn Development Corp., a private developer, and NY Health and Hospitals. The T Building is a residential building located in the Jamaica section of Queens. The project has 200 residential dwelling units. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at the T Building. Seventy-Five apartments, will be master leased by CAMBA and will house chronically homeless single adults who are diagnosed with SPMI (seriously and persistently mentally ill). The remaining units are occupied by low income lottery community residents.
Position: Administrative Assistant I
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 82-41 Parsons Blvd, Jamaica, New York 11432
What The Administrative Assistant Does:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to ensure the smooth operations of all departments.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls.
- Direct callers and general voicemail messages to the appropriate personnel
- Assist non-clerical staff with clerical work (i.e., data collection and data verification)
- Assist in coordination of lease-up activities.
- Greet visitors/clients, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare meeting rooms/facilities.
- Record, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and track all office equipment maintenance issues.
- Order, receive, track, store and distribute office supplies.
- Deliver all employee time sheets to the Payroll department.
- Coordinate and assign staff mail boxes as needed.
- Conduct mail pick ups and/or deliveries.
- May coordinate, plan and participate in special events.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA