Who We Are
CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA EYD Programs operate after-school and summer camp programs in New York City, serving almost 2,400 children in elementary and middle schools. Programs operate during the school year, in the summer, and on most school holidays. Depending on location, we offer environmental, conservation, arts, violence and drug prevention, and music therapy programs with public and private partners.
Position: Group Leader
Reports to: Assistant Site Director
What The Group Leader Does:
- Research, develop and execute fun and engaging lesson plans (activities), to create opportunities for discovery learning, adventure, and recreation.
- Provide group and/or individual assistance to “at-risk” children and/or youth in academic and/or nonacademic activities.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Currently enrolled or some college
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to obtain and maintain:
- Doctor’s note certifying good health
- Proof of negative results from TB test
- State Central Registry (SCR) clearance
- Dept. of Health fingerprint clearance (DOH)
- Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance (DOE)
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All CAMBA Education and Youth Development staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene requirements for DYCD-funded programs.