Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Magnolia House located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn serves 200 MICA women. The majority of these clients are diagnosed with mental illness, some dually with chemical addictions.
Position: Assistant Director of Operations
Reports To: Director of Operations
Location: 1424 Herkimer Street, Brooklyn, NY 11233
What the Assistant Program Director Does:
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running, coordination and supervision of security, maintenance and operation staff in accordance with all program goals and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA shelters and external agencies on issues related to client progress and best practices.
- Work with staff to set realistic weekly and monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Observe direct reporting staff engaging with clients and/or supervisory staff.
- Conduct periodic internal file review and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients (i.e.-address and investigate client complaints).
- Assist the Program Manager in providing oversight for all aspects of the program in his/her absence.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Compensation: $60,000 – $65,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.