Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. CAMBA’s Park Slope Women’s Shelter serves 100 MICA (mentally ill chemical abusing) women.
Position: Assistant Program Director
Reports To: Vice President, Park Slope Women’s Shelter
Location: 1402 8th Ave Brooklyn, NY 11215
What the Assistant Program Director Does:
- Understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Work with staff to set realistic weekly and monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Conduct periodic internal file review and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients (i.e.-address and investigate client complaints).
- Assist the Vice President in providing oversight for all aspects of the program in their absence.
- Prepare reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Assist in the analysis of program and demographic client data to make programmatic improvements.
- Confer with the Vice-President and/or other CAMBA management staff as needed regarding programmatic and personnel issues.
- Ensure and maintain all regulatory agencies (i.e.-Dept. of Health, OTDA, DHS, Coalition for the Homeless) standards are in compliance (related to food and emergency supplies, linen, personal belongings, client mail, laundry, personal care items, etc.).
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets as outlined in DHS’ Performance Incentive Plan.
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Develop and implement crisis prevention and/or intervention strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Liaison with Food vendors and/or sub-contractors to ensure appropriate service delivery and quality.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.