Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Kensington Family Shelter provides comprehensive case management services to 64 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families with the goal of moving them to permanent housing.
Position: Director of Social Services
Reports To: The Vice President
Location: 385 McDonald Ave Brooklyn, NY 11218
What The Director of Social Services Director Does:
- Ensure that newly admitted clients receive social service intake with 48 hours of assignment to case manager.
- Monitor and track client intakes and move-outs utilizing DHS rosters to update the Kensington master roster daily.
- Oversee all ACS cases and ensure that weekly unit inspections are occurring, case conferences are happening and monthly tracking forms are completed and submitted to DHS.
- Review and update ACS client rosters.
- Meet with community agencies to refer to and assist with high risk case conferences as needed.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA programs on issues related to client progress.
- Understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicates this understanding to staff.
- Supervise a minimum of four direct reporting staff and their subordinates to ensure that clients complete tasks (such as gaining entitlements, employment and housing options).
- Work with staff to set and achieve realistic monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements (such as completing ILPs, inspections, monitoring families with children age 0-24 months, ACS, LTS families and housing placements).
- Train, coach, mentor and work with direct staff regarding how to interact with and/or engage clients to maintain entitlements to become eligible for housing subsidies.
- Conduct weekly client progress reviews with staff.
- Conduct periodic internal chart reviews and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients.
- Respond to critical incidences that require immediate attention.
- Access client data using various tracking and program databases (i.e. – Client Tracking System (CTS), New York City Way, 4002 System).
- Prepare contract reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Assist in the analysis of program and demographic data to make programmatic improvements.
- Organize onsite and offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Assist the Vice President in providing oversight for all aspects of the program in his/her absence.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). We also hired MSW. LMSW
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably in a mid-sized (250+ employees) organization.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Computer literacy in other Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Compensation: -$73,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.