Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s General Finance Department is responsible for assuring that the financial policies of the Agency conform to all laws, regulations and CAMBA’s fiscal policies, and that all financial resources are controlled, recorded and reported. The General Finance Department plans, organizes, and monitors the financial activities of the Agency. The department is responsible for the day to day management of all the Agency’s cash services including, but not limited to: Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable, and Account Receivable. This Department prepares the comprehensive combined financial statements and prepares for and oversees the year-end financial audit, the Federal Uniform Guidance Single Audit and all funder required audits.
Position: Audit Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 1720 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Audit Manager Does:
- Apply the principles of accounting to prepare, analyze and verify financial information; prepare and analyze financial reports.
- Be knowledgeable and up to date with funder guidelines and general nonprofit accounting guidelines.
- Oversee the facilitation of internal audits and preparation for external audits.
- Manage and maintain the accounting system for CAMBA’s affiliate companies on a monthly basis.
- Perform detailed general ledger account analysis.
- Prepare workpapers (analysis of financial activity) for annual audits (i.e., financial, Federal Uniform Guidance Single Audit).
- Prepare financial records for funder audits (i.e. gather relevant documentation, account analysis and workpaper preparation).
- Identify opportunities for the finance department to improve its processes.
- Oversee the preparation of responses to follow up on audit reports and findings.
- Oversee the development and implementation of fiscal policies for compliance with funder requirements in order to ensure sound accounting.
- Create and maintain audit files (i.e. audit requirements).
- Track progress and status of all funder/internal audits (e.g. scheduling, completion, documents requested, drafting reports, response to finding).
- Respond to senior management request for account analysis.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) in Accounting plus four years applicable experience and/or equivalent experience, preferably in non profit
- One year working at CPA firm
- Good knowledge of GAAP, accounting procedures, audit schedules, and financial reporting requirements.
- Very strong computer skills – Excel and Accounting programs (MIP a plus)
- Must abide by strict ethical standards.
- Must maintain integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality at all times.
- Must avoid personal conflicts of interest.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.