Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s General Finance Department is responsible for assuring that the financial policies of the Agency conform to all laws, regulations and CAMBA’s fiscal policies, and that all financial resources are controlled, recorded and reported. The General Finance Department plans, organizes, and monitors the financial activities of the Agency. The department is responsible for the day to day management of all the Agency’s cash services including, but not limited to: Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable. This Department prepares the comprehensive combined financial statements and prepares for and oversees the year-end financial audit, the A133 and all funder required audits. Due to the need for segregation of duties, for internal control, some duties for Bookkeepers and Clerks may vary.
Position: Bookkeeper (Payments)
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1720 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Bookkeeper Does:
- Prepare and analyze expense reconciliations as requested.
- Assist in fiscal and financial statement audits.
- Record all account payable invoices in accounting system.
- Process reoccurring expense transactions (i.e. rent, match grant, etc.).
- Verify consultant/sub-contractor agreement terms to approved payment request forms.
- Scan and attach all consultant/sub-contractor agreements into accounting system.
- Organize and inventory general finance documents (i.e. client leases).
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- May collect, organize and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
Compensation: $42,454.00 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.