Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s General Finance Department is responsible for assuring that the financial policies of the Agency conform to all laws, regulations and CAMBA’s fiscal policies, and that all financial resources are controlled, recorded and reported. The General Finance Department plans, organizes, and monitors the financial activities of the Agency. The department is responsible for the day to day management of all the Agency’s cash services including, but not limited to: Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable. This Department prepares the comprehensive combined financial statements and prepares for and oversees the year-end financial audit, the A133 and all funder required audits. Due to the need for segregation of duties, for internal control, some duties for Bookkeepers and Clerks may vary.
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1720 Church Ave, 2nd Floor, 11226
What the Bookkeeper Does:
- Record and maintain financial transactions for the organization
- Conduct General Finance activities working as a team member
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information
- Prepare and analyze expense reconciliations as requested
- Assist in fiscal and financial statement audits
- Organize and inventory general finance documents (i.e. client leases)
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested
- May collect, organize and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.