Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City. CAMBA serves more than 65,000 individuals and families each year, citywide, including almost 13,000 youth. Our 180+ programs in over 100 locations improve the lives of a diverse cross section of New Yorkers. From homelessness prevention in Staten Island to supportive housing in the Bronx; from employment training in Manhattan to after school programs and college access in Brooklyn; from family shelter and support in Queens to increasing affordable housing across the city, CAMBA provides holistic services to help struggling New Yorkers stabilize their lives and become self-sufficient.
CAMBA’s Fiscal Department provides fiscal administration including accounting, budgeting, procurement services and procedures for numerous city/state/federal contracts and/or private grants. In addition, the Fiscal Department recommends alternatives to assure that organization-wide objectives and priorities are met.
Position: Budget Analyst
Reports To: Assistant Program Director
Location: 1720 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Budget Analyst Does:
- Analyze accounting records to determine financial resources required to prepare and submit budget modifications.
- Examine budget estimates or proposals and expense reports for completeness, accuracy; and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives.
- Provide advice and technical assistance in the preparation of annual budgets, budget modifications/ renewals and/or amendments.
- Serve as liaison to management staff and inform them of any reclassification or discrepancies that may arise during analysis.
- Examine past and current operating budgets in order to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Research economic and financial developments that affect the organization’s spending.
- Review and assess variance sheets to assist management in maximizing the use of accruals.
- Review submitted expense reports for accuracy.
- Prepare analysis of program expenses for program staff and senior management.
- Monitor various contracts and analyze expenses to facilitate program managers’ objectives.
- Prepare budgets and/or modifications in order to meet all deadlines for the mid-year and close out cycles.
- In coordination with the Assistant Program Director, schedule and facilitate/attend management staff meetings to assess financial status in lieu of budget modification preparation.
- Attend staff/funder/outside agency meetings as requested.
- May review and maintain the accuracy of all budgets assigned in MIP.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- BA in Accounting/Finance and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Must abide by strict ethical standards
- Must maintain integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality at all times
- Must avoid personal conflicts of interest situations
- Experience working with a non-profit preferred.
Compensation: $62,000-$75,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.