Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Fiscal Department provides fiscal administration including accounting, budgeting, procurement services and procedures for numerous city/state/federal contracts and/or private grants. In addition, the Fiscal Department recommends alternatives to assure that organization-wide objectives and priorities are met.
Position: Budget Analyst
Reports To: Assistant Program Director
Location: 1720 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Budget Analyst Does:
- Developing, analyzing, and modifying budgets to allocate current resources and estimate future financial requirements
- Making recommendations for budget allocations.
- Providing advice and technical assistance in the preparation of annual budgets, budget modifications/renewals and/or amendments.
- Monitoring various contracts and analyzing expenses to facilitate Program Directors’ objectives.
- Effectively communicating, interacting, and collaborating (via phone contact, quarterly meetings, etc.) with CAMBA management & staff, funders, etc.
- Track progress and status of all funder/internal audits (e.g. scheduling, completion, documents requested, drafting reports, response to finding).
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- BA in Accounting/Finance and two to three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Must abide by strict ethical standards.
- Maintain integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality at all times.
- Must avoid personal conflicts of interest situations.
- Experience working with a non-profit preferred.
- Must be a problem solver/issues resolver who can understand and convey critical information and distinguish between important matters and ordinary timing related concerns.
- Excellent fiscal, organizational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Manage own time effectively in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel & Word.
Compensation: $60,000 – $65,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.