Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and support they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s HomeBase Program provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families in Brooklyn and Staten Island to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households. Forward Focus supports clients in identifying their own goals for personal success and partners with them, providing individualized coaching to improve their executive functioning and presentation skills as competitive job applicants, assess potential career pathways and access educational and vocational training opportunities to gain skills in their field of interest in order to ultimately advance their employment options and earning power.
Position: Career Pathways Navigator/ Vocational Counselor
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 120 Stuyvesant Pl, Staten Island NY 10301
What The Career Pathways Navigator Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to
- Ensure the smooth running and coordination of Forward Focus’ program-related services
- Design and implement innovative programs with a strong attention to detail
- Conduct client intake and orientation, clearly communicating the purpose and design of the program, as well as benefits and opportunities of participation
- Encourage, monitor and document all client engagement and make client referrals to supportive resources, educational and vocational training and job opportunities
- Provide classroom, one-on-one, and remote instruction on relevant subjects (i.e. Goal setting, Personal finances and budgeting, Job search skills, Career path planning, etc.)
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in adult education and career exploration with a working knowledge of online learning tools a plus