Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Workforce Development Program: Since our founding CAMBA has connected over 25,000 New Yorkers to full time jobs. Our workforce development initiatives grew out of our commitment to creating an equitable and inclusive New York City. Driven by racial and economic equality, we provide opportunities for the most economically and socially vulnerable to thrive. We work with a vast diversity of job seekers, including refugees, political asylees, immigrant professionals, young adults and others, from over fifty countries of origin. We take a strength based approach to career development, matching participants to specific bridge trainings which will allow them to benefit from the job opportunities we develop with our employer partners.
Position: Career Readiness Instructor
Reports To: Program Manager, Workforce and Economic Development
Location: 2244 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226 (remotely as needed)
What The Career Readiness Instructor Does:
- Research and develop instructional materials and lesson plans to strengthen clients’ job seeking skills.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring and classroom instruction to clients to increase their chances of employment
- Provide client support in writing resumes and cover letters, teaching and coaching for adaptive soft skills acquisition, conducting mock interviews, and assisting with job applications.
- Work collaboratively with a team of career advisors and job developers with the common goal of successfully advancing participants to employment.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of applicable and/or equivalent experience
- Teaching style must be hands-on, interactive, and participatory (not lecture based).
- Willingness to adapt instruction to meet the varied needs of individuals or groups, including the use of Zoom, YouTube, and other online learning resources.
- Ability to multi-task and to work a flexible or alternative workweek schedule based upon program needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with young adults, immigrant, refugee and asylee populations.
- Bilingual – Ukrainian and/or Russian preferred
Compensation: $55,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.