Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA Family Solutions (CFS)-Solution Based Casework, is a preventive foster care program. Utilizing the Solution Based Casework (SBC), an evidenced-informed casework practice model that prioritizes working in partnership with families, focuses on pragmatic solutions to difficult situations, and notices and celebrates change. By identifying and targeting specific everyday events in the life of a family that have caused the family difficulty and through partnership with Families and other service providers, CFS helps families address risk to the safety of children and restore the family’s pride in their own competence – thus reducing the risk of out of home placement. Additional support services are also provided such as parenting workshops, parent support groups, assistance with government entitlements, health concerns, referrals for treatment programs and other barriers that may be causing the family additional stress in caring for their children.
Position: Case Aide
Reports To: Supervisor II
Locations: 955 Flatbush Ave 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11226
444 Thomas Boyland Street, Brooklyn, NY 11212
What The Case Aide Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to:
- Assist case managers by being a client liaison with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, housing, social services, legal issues, and concrete needs, etc.
- Assist case managers in attaining their goals by identifying and locating community resources for clients and by making referrals to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA.
- In collaboration with the case manager(s), work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Maintain all program service logs.
- Provide callers with answers to questions about the organization (i.e.-address, fax #, directions, etc.).
- Compose, type and send general correspondence, memos, reports and marketing materials (via e-mails, faxing, interoffice mail, etc.).
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate social/peer support events (i.e., family night, educational/recreational trips, parenting workshop etc.).
- Utilize the PROMIS, Enginuity and CONNECTIONS database.
- Organize and maintain food pantry (i.e. – ordering, inventory).
- May follow-up with clients for a period of time after successful completion of their primary goals to assure client stability.
- May evaluate actual living conditions of clients through home visits.
- May prescreen clients over the telephone for eligibility and may schedule intake appointments.
- May assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake applications and forms.
- May escort clients to appointments (educational, medical, social service, etc.).
- May assist clients in completing applications for benefits and entitlements, and may process applications on clients’ behalf.
- May input client data and client progress information into automated database.
Minimum Education/ Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain and maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and criminal history clearance through the duration of employment.
- Ability to travel from site to site.
- May be required to work nights to assist with various events throughout the year.
- Experience working with fathers preferred.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.