Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Austin 147 is a building which was developed and is operated by Dunn Development Corp., a private developer. Austin 147 is a newly constructed residential building located on East 147th street and the corner of Austin Place in the Mott Haven section of The Bronx. The project consists of an eleven-story elevator building containing 80 residential units, with 79 units of rental housing and one superintendent’s unit. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at Austin 147. Forty apartments, 50% of the units in the building, will be master leased by CAMBA and will house Population A chronically homeless single adults who are diagnosed with SPMI (seriously and persistently mentally ill) or MICA (mentally III and chemically addicted), couples that qualify and chronically homeless families. The unit breakdown is as follows: 30-studio units for SPMI Singles, 3 one bedroom units for 2 qualifiers and 7 two bedroom units for chronically homeless families. The remaining 40 units are occupied by community residents, who may require some services
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 880 East 147th Street Bronx, NY 10455
What the Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
- Interview and evaluate tenants and formulate Independent living plans.
- Locate and provide access to appropriate community resources for tenants.
- Conduct initial intake and assessment of tenants and tenants’ families’ needs and periodic re-assessments.
- Work with tenants to break through barriers to tenant goals and to assist tenants in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Monitor tenants’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face visits, and document via progress notes.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (B.S.W.) or related field and 2 years of relevant experience and/or equivalent experience
- Obtain “Criminal History Checks” (CHC) fingerprinting through the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) and the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice System).
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Flexible hours may be needed occasionally to provide shift coverage until 8 pm.
Compensation: $40,000 – $45,173 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.