Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Bergen-Saratoga is a supportive/affordable housing development located in the Ocean Hill/Brownsville section of Brooklyn developed by Dunn Development. Bergen Saratoga Apartments will provide affordable housing for low-income working families at 50% or 60% of Area Median Income along with 40 units set aside for formerly homeless individuals who are Population A (SPMI/NYNY III) eligible. These units will be master leased by the non-profit social services provider, CAMBA, Inc. CAMBA will provide on-site supportive services including case management and 24/7 front desk security services. Amenities include a community room with a kitchen, a library/computer room, a tenant garden, laundry and a children’s play area. This project is a true public-private partnership with land contributed by the City of New York coupled with subsidies
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 331 Saratoga Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11233
What The Case Manager Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance. Interview and evaluate tenants and formulate Independent living plans. Locate and provide access to appropriate community resources for tenants; including the following:
- Review all documentation establishing tenants’ eligibility for the program and make file copies.
- Create and maintain tenant files.
- Conduct initial intake and assessment of tenants and tenants’ families’ needs and periodic re-assessments.
- In collaboration with tenants, prepare initial and periodic revisions of independent living plans including short-term and long-term tenant goals.
- Assist tenants in attaining their goals by identifying and locating community resources for tenants and by making referrals to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA.
- Work with tenants to break through barriers to tenant goals and to assist tenants in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Recommend and implement strategies to persuade tenants to participate more fully in this process.
- Monitor tenants’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face visits, and document via progress notes.
- Participate in case conferences.
- Follow-up with tenants and with referral organizations regarding tenant contact and progress with referral organization.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and experience working with the Seriously and Persistently Mentally Ill (SPMI) population, and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Flexible hours may be needed occasionally to provide shift coverage until 8 pm
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.