Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and support they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services.We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Flagstone Family Center provides comprehensive case management services to 160 families who are in a Tier II transitional residence program for homeless families. The facility consists of eight (8) four (4) story walk up apartment buildings on the east and west sides of the street. There will be two main entrances: one for the east side of the street and one for the west. Each building contains 20 apartments of varying sizes, each fully self-contained.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 196 Amboy Street, Brooklyn NY 11212
What the Case Manager Does:
- Review all documentation establishing clients’ eligibility for program and make file copies.
- Conduct initial intake and psycho-social assessment of clients and clients’ families’ needs and periodic re-assessments.
- In collaboration with clients, prepare initial and periodic revisions of independent living plans including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Schedule appointments for clients with referral organizations.
- Assist clients in completing applications for benefits and entitlements, and/or process applications on clients’ behalf.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals (dates achieved) via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face home and office visits, and document via progress notes.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with NYC Shelter System and Databases (CARES)
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Compensation: $41,000 – $45,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.