Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and support they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The HomeBase Program provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families in Brooklyn and Staten Island to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households. Positions with CAMBA’s HomeBase program are classified as essential under the direction of the Governor of New York State.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Supervisor
Location: Flexibility to rotate between our three Brooklyn offices, located at:
1117 Eastern Parkway Brooklyn NY 11213
2244 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226
1958 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11233
What the Case Manager Does:
The person filling this position is expected to:
- Interview and evaluate prospective clients for services using risk assessment tools, determine eligibility for services and conduct new client intake.
- Collaborate with clients on the development of service plans that align with each client’s short and long-term goals.
- Connect clients to available resources that reduce likelihood of homelessness, including public benefits, employment services, and legal services.
- Ensure housing meets habitability standards, and mediate between clients and landlords.
- Prepare and submit applications for benefits and entitlements as well as short-term financial assistance to resolve urgent housing matters.
- Frequently follow-up and document client progress while maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date paper and electronic case files in audit-ready condition.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, New York City housing and public assistance systems preferred.
Compensation: -$51,000 annually-
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.