Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA Housing Ventures (CHV), the housing development subsidiary of CAMBA, developed these units. 182 of these units are set aside for formerly homeless individuals and families. 108 units are for Population A individuals, chronically homeless single adults who suffer from Serious and Persistent Mental Illness or who have a co-occurring Mental Illness and Chemical Addiction. Anna Gonzalez Apartments provides affordable housing for persons with low income and/or with special needs in Bushwick, Brooklyn. CAMBA provides on-site case management and supportive services in addition to 24/7 security.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 880 Willoughby Street Brooklyn, New York
What The Case Manager Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance. Interview and evaluate clients and formulate Independent living plans; and locate and provide access to appropriate community resources for clients; including the following:
- Review all documentation establishing clients’ eligibility for program and make file copies.
- Create and maintain client files.
- Conduct initial intake and assessment of clients and clients’ families’ needs and periodic re-assessments.
- In collaboration with clients, prepare initial and periodic revisions of independent living plans including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Assist clients in attaining their goals by identifying and locating community resources for clients and by making referrals to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA.
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Recommend and implement strategies to persuade clients to participate more fully in this process.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face visits, and document via progress notes.
- Participate in case conferences.
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience
- Flexible hours may be needed occasionally to provide shift coverage until 7pm
- Bilingual – Spanish/English is a plus
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.