Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Park Slope Shelter for Women: CAMBA is funded by the NYC Department of Homeless Services to run a homeless shelter for 70 MICA (mentally ill chemical abusing) women at the Park Slope Armory in Brooklyn. CAMBA operates the shelter as a supportive, structured and therapeutic facility that provides temporary housing, nutritious meals and comprehensive services and assistance to enable mentally-ill and often substance-abusing women to stabilize their condition and make progress toward a goal of moving to permanent and/or supported housing.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Supervisor
Location: 1402 Eighth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
What the Case Manager Does:
- Formulate a plan and prepare clients for permanent housing placement.
- Engage individuals requiring social service assistance.
- Interview and evaluate clients, formulate Independent Living Plans and goals.
- Locate and refer to appropriate community resources for clients.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Conduct initial intake and assessment of clients’ needs and periodic re-assessments.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Compensation: $41,000 – $45,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.