Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s The Kings Inn Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 100 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The two story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 87-02 23rd Avenue, Queens, NY 11369
What the Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
- In collaboration with clients, interview and evaluate clients and formulate Independent living plans.
- Locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with clients’ and client confidentiality in order to engage them in case management services.
- Review all documentation establishing clients’ eligibility for program and make file copies.
- Input client data and client progress information into CARES database.
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals (dates achieved) via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face home and office visits, and document via progress notes.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Compensation: $41,000 – $45,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.