Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Citywide Scattered Site Housing Program provides a total of 52 units of scattered site housing to chronically homeless individuals with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI). The apartments are located throughout New York City. Program clients receive case management services. Clients contribute 30% of their income to rent.
Position: Case Manager II
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 220 West 167th Street, Bronx, NY 10452
What The Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
- Interview and evaluate tenants and formulate Independent living plans.
- In collaboration with tenants, prepare initial and periodic revisions of independent living plans including short-term and long-term tenant goals.
- Work with tenants to break through barriers to tenant goals and to assist tenants in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Locate and provide access to appropriate community resources for tenants.
- Evaluate actual living conditions of clients through home visits
- May escort tenants to appointments (educational, medical, social service, etc.)
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of mental health diagnosis and resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of persons with mental illness and substance abuse issues.
- Proven experience with SPMI population.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.