Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) is a CAMBA program that provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Position: Housing Specialist
Reports To: Supervisor I
Location: 209 Bay Street, Staten Island, NY 10304
What the Housing Specialist Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance
- Interview and evaluate applicants for services, formulate service plans and goals, and aid clients to implement service plans
- Locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients
- Assist clients in attaining their Housing related goals by identifying and referring clients to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA
- Conduct housing search efforts for each housing ready client referred (i.e., referrals to housing providers, contact landlords, search for apartment listings, etc.).
- Review all approved housing packages to determine appropriateness of housing providers
- Escort clients to appointments (i.e., housing interviews, apartment move-ins, housing fairs, etc.)
- Ensure that quality housing placements are achieved via web-site checks (DOB, HPD) and all payments to landlord/utilities are up-to-date with apartment in move-in condition.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Must have Valid New York State Driver’s License and excellent driving history.
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years.
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA’s point system throughout the duration of employment.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on computerized 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test
- Acknowledge review of CAMBA’s Transportation Policy
- Knowledge of, and experience with, New York City Housing and Public Assistance Systems.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA