Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA): CAMBA operates a housing start program for 40 persons with HIV/AIDS who are also mentally ill and/or chemically addicted. In addition to housing placement, this program provides a range of supportive services, including acupuncture detoxification treatment, substance abuse/harm reduction counseling, site management, case management, counseling, entitlements advocacy, health and mental health care, treatment education, educational training, recreational activities such as arts and crafts, money management training, and entrepreneurial training. Clients have access to our Permanency Planning Program. Clients are also referred to housekeeping and home care services on an as-needed basis.
Position: Case Manager II
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 19 Winthrop Street, Brooklyn, NY 11225
What the Case Manager Does:
- Assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake applications and forms.
- Create and maintain client files.
- Conduct initial intake or assessment of clients and clients’ families and/or periodic reassessments.
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Recommend and implement strategies to persuade clients to participate more fully in this process.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals (dates achieved) via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face home and office visits, and document via progress notes.
- Recommend closing of cases in which clients have: (a) achieved primary goals and have maintained stability for a period of months; or, (b) have not demonstrated a willingness to participate in the process (lost-to-service); or, (c) have become ineligible for services (e.g. moved out of area).
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- May plan, coordinate and facilitate social/peer support events, including group facilitation for clients.
- May evaluate actual living conditions of clients through home visit.
- May prepare marketing materials for the program.
- May input client data and client progress information into automated database.
- May reach out and market the program to the community in order to recruit clients.
- May prescreen clients over the telephone for eligibility and may schedule intake appointments.
- May act as client liaison/client advocate with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, housing, legal issues, etc.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and ability to work closely with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues.
Compensation: -$45,000 annually-
Status: -Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.