Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Stability Scattered Site Housing: This program provides 60 units of scattered-site supportive housing to chronically homeless single adults and adult families with family members who have a serious mental illness or substance use disorder, including those who may have a co-occurring serious mental illness and substance use disorder. Supportive services will be provided in an effort to support clients maintain housing by being connected to services needed such as medical, mental health, substance abuse treatment, as well as benefits, legal, etc.
Position: Case Manager II
Reports To: Directly: Vice President
Indirectly: Senior Vice President
Location: 19 Winthrop Street, Brooklyn, NY 11225
What The Case Manager II Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance
- Interview and evaluate applicants for services, formulate service plans and goals, and aid clients to implement service plans
- Locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients
- Evaluate actual living conditions of clients though home visits
- Conduct initial intake or assessment of clients and clients’ families and/or periodic reassessments.
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Recommend and implement strategies to persuade clients to participate more fully in this process.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals (dates achieved) via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face home and office visits, and document via progress notes.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with persons with a histories of homelessness, mental illness, and/or substance abuse
Compensation: $45,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.