Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Solutions to End Homelessness (STEHP) Unit is co- located on site with CAMBA Home base office at 1117 Eastern Parkway. STEHP will provide a wide range of supportive services to 100 at-risk households in Brooklyn that will stabilize their housing and increase their ability to live independently. This assistance includes public benefits advocacy which includes SOAR (SSI/SSD Outreach, Access and Recovery. As well as, connecting to financial and rental assistance programs. Completion of applications to State and City offices to stabilize housing such ERAP. As well as, referrals to legal services, employment and educational services.
Position: Case Manager II
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 1117 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn NY, 11233
What the Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
- Interview and evaluate applicants for services, formulate service plans and goals, and aid clients to implement service plans.
- Locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients.
- Evaluate actual living conditions of clients though home visits.
- Assist clients in completing applications for benefits and entitlements, and process applications on clients’ behalf.
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face home and office visits, and document via progress notes
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., B.A., B.S.W.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
Compensation: $38,000 – $47,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.