Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
James Bryant Homes is a building which was developed and is operated by the Addiction Rehabilitation Center Foundation, Inc., a nonprofit agency. James Bryant Homes is a residential building located on East 129th street and the corner of Madison Avenue in the East Harlem section of Manhattan. The facility will provide 32 units of supportive housing to homeless or at-risk of homelessness, single adults (age 18 and over) diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI) or who are diagnosed as mentally ill and chemically addicted (MICA), currently known as persons with co-occurring disorders. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at James Bryant Homes and provides case management and 24/7 security.
Position: Case Manager II
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 2027 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10035
What The Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
- Interview and evaluate applicants for services, formulate service plans and goals, and aid clients to implement service plans.
- Assist tenants in attaining their goals by identifying and locating community resources for tenants and by making referrals to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA.
- Evaluate actual living conditions of clients through home visits
- Work with tenants to break through barriers to tenant goals and to assist tenants in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Conduct group sessions and/or workshops to assist tenants with independent living skills
- Monitor tenants’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face visits, and document via progress notes.
- May act as tenant liaison/tenant advocate with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, housing, legal issues, etc.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.