Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Promise Housing Program provides 25 Scattered-Site Housing apartments to 25 single adults living with HIV/AIDS and diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder that is a primary barrier to independent living using the scattered-site supportive housing model (scattered-site I). Units are scattered primarily throughout Brooklyn in apartments that meet HUD criteria and are located near public transportation.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Assistant Program Director
Location: 19 Winthrop Street, Brooklyn, NY 11225
What The Case Manager Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance. Interview and evaluate applicants for services, formulate service plans and goals, and aid clients to implement service plans.Locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients. Evaluate actual living conditions of clients through home visits; including the following:
- Review all documentation establishing clients’ eligibility for program and make file copies.
- Assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake applications and forms.
- Create and maintain client files.
- Conduct initial intake or assessment of clients and clients’ families and/or periodic reassessments.
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Recommend and implement strategies to persuade clients to participate more fully in this process.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals (dates achieved) via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face home and office visits, and document via progress notes.
- Recommend closing of cases in which clients have: (a) achieved primary goals and have maintained stability for a period of months; or, (b) have not demonstrated a willingness to participate in the process (lost-to-service); or, (c) have become ineligible for services (e.g. moved out of area).
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and ability to work closely with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred)
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.