Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Putnam Court is a building which was developed and is operated by Dunn Development Corp., a private developer. Putnam Court is a newly constructed residential building located on Putnam Avenue between Irving Place and Downing Street in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn. The project consists of a seven-story elevator building containing 59 residential units, with 58 units of rental housing and one superintendent’s unit. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at Putnam Court. Thirty-four apartments, 58% of the units in the building, will be master leased by CAMBA and will house Population A chronically homeless single adults who are diagnosed with SPMI (seriously and persistently mentally ill) or MICA (mentally III and chemically addicted). The remaining 24 units are occupied by community residents, who may require some services.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 40 Putnam Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11238
What the Case Manager Does:
- Review all documentation establishing tenants’ eligibility for program and make file copies.
- Create and maintain tenant files.
- Conduct initial intake and assessment of tenants and tenants’ families’ needs and periodic re-assessments.
- In collaboration with tenants, prepare initial and periodic revisions of independent living plans including short-term and long-term tenant goals.
- Assist tenants in attaining their goals by identifying and locating community resources for tenants and by making referrals to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA.
- Monitor tenants’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face visits, and document via progress notes.
- Participate in case conferences.
- Follow-up with tenants and with referral organizations regarding tenant contact and progress with referral organization.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and experience working with the seriously and Persistently Mentally Ill (SPMI) population, and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Flexible hours may be needed occasionally to provide shift coverage until 8 pm.
- Bilingual in Spanish
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.