Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Rising Up Men’s Shelter is a 141 bed men’s employment shelter located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. This shelter will provide an array of services with a strong focus on connections for residents to achieve stable employment to lead to permanent housing.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Supervisor II (Clinical)
Location: 39 Ainslie Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211
What The Case Manager Does:
- Conduct initial intake and assessment of clients’ needs and periodic re-assessments.
- Create and maintain client electronic and paper files.
- Prepare initial psychosocial evaluation and update according to regulations.
- Obtain and maintain relevant documentation and release forms from clients (i.e., birth certificate, proof of income, medical documents, release of Personal Health Information, etc.).
- In collaboration with clients, conduct periodic revisions of independent living plans including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Assist clients in attaining their goals by identifying community resources and by referring clients to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA (i.e., On-site medical services and psychiatric services, etc.).
- Work with clients to break through barriers to their goal(s) attainment.
- Provide support, training and coordination with the other social services staff.
- Assist clients in advocating for themselves in order to gain housing stability.
- Recommend and implement strategies to persuade clients to participate fully in the process in order to transition into permanent housing.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled face-to-face contacts/sessions.
- Document all client encounters via progress notes using DHS CARES Database and printout notes for client’s paper file.
- Ensure CARES Database is updated to reflect client request for services (i.e., car fare, appointments, passes, referrals, etc.).
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- May act as client liaison/client advocate with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, housing, legal issues, etc.
- May schedule appointments for client with referral organizations.
- May escort clients to appointments (educational, medical, social service, etc.)
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Compensation: $41,000-45,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.