Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Tenant Support Services (TSS) is a CAMBA program that provides case management including counseling and referral to essential services to families receiving Section 8 vouchers who are living in approved apartments in Brooklyn. Families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care, and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Supervisor
Location: 2244 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11226
What the Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance (i.e.-welfare advocacy, landlord tenant mediation, eviction prevention work when necessary.)
- Interview and evaluate applicants for services, formulate service plans and goals, and aid clients to implement service plans.
- Locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Review all documentation establishing clients’ eligibility for program and make file copies.
- Assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake applications and forms.
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, New York City Housing and Public Assistance Systems.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.