Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Via Vyse is a building which was developed and is operated by Dunn Development Corp., a private developer. Via Vyse is a newly constructed residential building located in the East Morrisiana section of New York City. This new construction is approximately 102,000 square foot within a 12-story elevator building located at 1812 Vyse Avenue in The Bronx. The project has 121 residential dwelling units, one of which will be a superintendent’s unit. The unit distribution is 46 studios, with the remainder being one and two bedroom units. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at Via Vyse. Sixty one apartments, 51% of the units in the building, will be master leased by CAMBA and will house chronically homeless single adults and families who, the head of households, are diagnosed with chronic health conditions. The remaining 59 units are occupied by community residents, who may require some services.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 1812 Vyse Avenue Bronx, NY 10460
What The Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
- Interview and Evaluate tenants and formulate independent living plans.
- Locate and provide access to appropriate community resources for tenants.
- Review all documentation establishing tenants’ eligibility for program and make file copies.
- Assist tenants in attaining their goals by identifying and locating community resources for tenants and by making referrals to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA.
- Monitor tenants’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face visits, and document via progress notes.
- Participate in case conferences.
- May escort tenants to appointments (educational, medical, social service, etc.)
- May prepare marketing materials for the program.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Obtain “Criminal History Checks” (CHC) fingerprinting through the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) and the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice System).
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Flexible hours may be needed occasionally to provide shift coverage until 8 pm.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.