Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Vincent Cyrus Plaza 57 (VCP 57) is a 43 unit affordable/supportive housing development located in the East Harlem section of New York City. The 43 units are studio apartments set aside for formerly homeless people with HIV/AIDS. CAMBA is the on-site service provider at VCP 57 and offers case management and 24/7 security
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 57 East 128thStreet, New York, NY 10035
What the Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
- Interview and evaluate applicants for services, formulate service plans and goals, and aid clients to implement service plans.
- Locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients.
- Evaluate actual living conditions of clients through home visits.
- Work with tenants to break through barriers to goals and to assist tenants in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Monitor tenants’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face visits, and document via progress notes.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over a period of time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with persons with HIV, mental illness, and/or substance abuse histories.
- Flexible hours may be needed to provide shift coverage in the evenings/weekends based upon the needs of the residents.
Compensation: $40,000 – $45,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.