Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s HomeBase program provides case management and essential services to those at-risk individuals and families in Brooklyn and Staten Island to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Position: Case Support Specialist
Reports To: Supervisor
Locations: 1117 Eastern Parkway, 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11213
120 Stuyvesant Place, Suite 413, Staten Island, NY 10301
209 Bay Street, Staten Island, NY 10301
What the Case Support Specialist Does:
- Ensure the smooth running and coordination of all operational issues and obligations related to housing unit reviews are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Coordinate and schedule home visits to maximum efficiency according to need and location.
- Working as part of a team, conduct thorough and accurate housing walkthroughs in the community, documenting findings on the appropriate review checklist as per to CityFHEPS guidance and/or as per HomeBase policies and procedures for Financial Assistance Requests.
- Contact prospective clients and schedule appointments.
- Assist Case Managers with pre-clearance requests; follow up regarding repair or other issues revealed during the walkthrough, and any other support tasks as needed.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Teamwork, good judgement, excellent communication and time management skills, ability to build rapport quickly, and strong attention to detail.
Compensation: $25 hourly
Status: Part-time (25 hours per week)