Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Youth Making Health a Priority/LGBTQ Health Project aims to reduce transmission of HIV among young men who have sex with men (YMSM) ages 13-29, including those who identify as transgender or gender nonconforming, with a focus on communities of color in Brooklyn. YMHP will use a strength-based, youth development approach to provide culturally competent and comprehensive prevention and support services, including: client recruitment through enhanced and new media outreach; health education and risk reduction counseling; linkage to HIV, STD, and HCV testing and screening; Evidence Based Interventions (EBIs), including Mpowerment; VOICES/VOCES; and Anti-Retroviral Treatment and Access to Services (ARTAS)] a PrEP support program; linkage, navigation, and retention to care; linkage to supportive services; and condom education and distribution. YMHP will provide services to 300 participants, 25% of whom will be HIV positive.
Position: Client Advocate
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 1259 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11226
What the Client Advocate Does:
- assist program staff in facilitation of EBIs
- assist program staff by being a client liaison with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, social services, etc;
- assist clients in attaining their goals by identifying and locating community resources for clients and by making referrals to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality
- Prepare marketing materials for the program
- Conduct outreach activities at high risk venues to market the program in order to recruit new clients and re-engage former clients
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization
- In collaboration with program staff, work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and ability to work closely with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.