Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Atlantic House Men’s Shelter located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn serves 200 men. The majority of these clients are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse.
Position: Client Advocate
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
Location: 2402 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11233
What The Client Advocate Does:
The Client Advocate is expected to (1)Assist program staff by being a client liaison with outside organizations regarding such matters as housing, education, healthcare, social services, legal issues, etc; (2) Assist clients in attaining their goals by identifying and locating community resources and by referring clients to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA; including the following:
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate social/peer support events, including group facilitation for clients to promote wellness and recovery.
- Assist clients in developing skills intended to improve: mental health, physical health, activities of daily living (ADL), resistance to alcohol and other drug use and self-advocacy.
- Assist clients in recognizing their own individual warning signs of relapse and identifying and developing individual coping strategies.
- In collaboration with the case managers, work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves, specifically in the treatment and recovery process, and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Engage clients by using personal experience as a mental health consumer and role model for recovery to motivate them to set positive goals for their own health and well-being.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and two (2) years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Evening hours/flexible. Schedule may include weekend day.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.