Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Evergreen Family Residence is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 51 families in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The five story facility has rooms for various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and socials services to stabilize their conditions in order to successfully transition into permanent housing.
Position: Client Care Coordinator
Reports To: Supervisor
Location: 1144 Evergreen Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10472
What the Client Care Coordinator Does:
- Provide individual and/or group counseling services to assist clients and their families to achieve healthy relationships, emotional stability, personal development and/or adjustment
- Counsel clients regarding issues such as: abusive behavior, family dynamics, healthy personal choices, substance abuse, mental and physical health/trauma related issues
- Assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake application screenings and forms. Conduct initial risk assessment of clients and clients’ families.
- Assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake applications, screenings and forms.
- Prepare initial biopsychosocial evaluation and update according to regulations.
- Provide a range of “instant response” services when a client’s immediate well-being and safety is threatened.
- In collaboration with clients and case managers, assist in the preparation of initial Independent Living Plan (ILP), including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Assist clients in attaining their goals by identifying community resources and by referring clients to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA (i.e., medical services and psychiatric services, etc.).
- Act as advocate on behalf of clients and client families’ to arrange for medical, psychiatric, educational and other tests and examinations that may disclose causes of client difficulties and indicate remedial measures
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) required.
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required within one year of date of hire. This license must be maintained throughout the course of employment in this role and any other CAMBA positions for which it is required. If you fail to obtain your LMSW within one year of the date of hire, your orientation period may be extended for six months at CAMBA’s discretion. If you fail to obtain the required LMSW on CAMBA’s required timeline, you will be terminated.
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
- Must obtain Annual PPD Test.
Compensation: – $55,000 annually –
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.