Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Evergreen Family Residence is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 51 families in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The five story facility has rooms for various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and socials services to stabilize their conditions in order to successfully transition into permanent housing.
Position: Client Care Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Social Services
Location: 1144 Evergreen Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10472
What the Client Care Coordinator Does: Client Care Coordinators are responsible for the delivery of onsite client services, including groups and workshops for families, crisis interventions and 1:1 support, as well as referrals to mental health and related service providers. In collaboration with the social service staff, work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake application screenings and forms.
- Conduct initial risk assessment of clients and clients’ families.
- Prepare biopsychosocial evaluation and update according to regulations.
- In collaboration with clients and case managers, assist in the preparation of initial Independent Living Plan (ILP), including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Counsel clients regarding issues such as: abusive behavior, family dynamics, healthy personal choices, substance abuse, mental and physical health/trauma related issues.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) required.
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required within one year of date of hire. This license must be maintained throughout the course of employment in this role and any other CAMBA positions for which it is required. If you fail to obtain your LMSW within one year of the date of hire, your orientation period may be extended for six months at CAMBA’s discretion. If you fail to obtain the required LMSW on CAMBA’s required timeline, you will be terminated.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.