Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City. CAMBA serves more than 65,000 individuals and families each year, citywide, including almost 13,000 youth. Our 180+ programs in over 100 locations improve the lives of a diverse cross section of New Yorkers. From homelessness prevention in Staten Island to supportive housing in the Bronx; from employment training in Manhattan to after school programs and college access in Brooklyn; from family shelter and support in Queens to increasing affordable housing across the city, CAMBA provides holistic services to help struggling New Yorkers stabilize their lives and become self-sufficient.
CAMBA’s Flagstone Family Center provides comprehensive case management services to 160 families who are in a Tier II transitional residence program for homeless families. The facility consists of eight (8) four (4) story walk up apartment buildings on the east and west sides of the street. There will be two main entrances: one for the east side of the street and one for the west. Each building contains 20 apartments of varying sizes, each fully self-contained.
Position: Client Care Coordinator/Social Worker
Reports To: Client Care Supervisor
Location: 199 Amboy Street Brooklyn, NY 11212
What The Client Care Coordinator Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to:
- Provide individual and/or group counseling services to assist clients and their families to achieve healthy relationships, emotional stability, personal development and/or adjustment;
- Counsel clients regarding issues such as: abusive behavior, family dynamics, healthy personal choices, substance abuse, mental and physical health/trauma related issues.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) required.
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required within one year of date of hire. This license must be maintained throughout the course of employment in this role and any other CAMBA positions for which it is required. If you fail to obtain your LMSW within one year of the date of hire, your orientation period may be extended for six months at CAMBA’s discretion. If you fail to obtain the required LMSW on CAMBA’s required timeline, you will be terminated.
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
Compensation: $58,000 – $62,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.