Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Kensington Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 64 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The five story facility has 4 floors plus a basement with rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
Position: Client Care Coordinator
Reports To: Client Care Supervisor
Location: 385 McDonald Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11218
What The Client Care Coordinator Does:
- Provide individual and/or group counseling services to assist clients and their families to achieve healthy relationships, emotional stability, personal development and/or adjustment.
- Counsel clients regarding issues such as: abusive behavior, family dynamics, healthy personal choices, substance abuse, mental and physical health/trauma related issues.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required within one year of date of hire. This license must be maintained throughout the course of employment in this role and any other CAMBA positions for which it is required. If the Client Care Coordinator fails to obtain the LMSW within one year of the date of hire, the orientation period may be extended for six months at CAMBA’s discretion. If Client Care Coordinator fails to obtain the required LMSW on CAMBA’s required timeline, they will be terminated.
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
Compensation: $58,000.00 to $62,000.00 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.